Friday, March 13, 2009

Long Time Without Posting...

Wow! Its been a while since I've posted. Bad Rob!

The last many months have been hectic I have to admit. Its taken quite some time to get the office into shape so I could start recording again. Then there were some upgrades. On top of that work has been crazy busy with the economy and for some reason they just don't think recording should be a priority.

This doesn't mean that there's been no recording. These two little snippets are just that snippets, but I feel like they both show some potential for greater things.

Shaker Theme

The Shaker Theme is from the hymn "Simple Gifts". This is an original arrangement and was essentially improvised. I used the Xpand synth with Pro Tools 8. I was mostly testing the brass sounds, and while not perfect, they are pretty good.

Draco 2

Another attempt at "Magic Music" for my uncle. I'm really happy with this piece even though its not complete - and I need to go back, pull off the effects and figure out what I was even doing on guitar. Another improvisation, I used a combination of heavy reverb and a bouncing delay to get the effects. Very dark and eerie. Reminds me of the soundtrack from the game Diablo :-)

No comments: