Sunday, November 23, 2008

What else to do on a Saturday?

Except to plug the electric in and jam out! That's what I did. Plugged my Les Paul into my Marshal and directly into my MBox. Fun stuff. Added some drums, did some mastering and I'm posting the result.

What I'm playing is a song that I wrote a while back that's always been played acoustically and drove several friends (and my wife!) crazy as I tried to hash through it. In fact I had different people tell me things like "would you just finish that damn song!" and "do you know how to play anything else?!"

I finally decided that no, I couldn't really finish and finally moved on, but its always been a piece that I wanted to do something with. I like this electric version and could see eventually turning this into something more polished and final.

Just a side note. Drums has got to be the toughest part of the recording process. Even with all the preset grooves you can get, drums are just such a pain!

The usual disclaimers apply - I know it ain't perfect.

On another note, please feel free to pass on this blog to anyone else who may be interested. Also, I'd be happy to hear more about what I should post about. I haven't posted much more than my home recorded stuff, but if people reading think that album reviews or tips and tricks would be helpful, I'd be happy to start posting those as well.

Journey_mix1

No comments: